- Five founding partners*: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), World Bank Group, World Health Organization (WHO) and World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Developing country experts
- STDF Secretariat
- Other organizations: AUC, CABI, COLEACP, EIF, GFSI, IICA, ITC, OECD, OIRSA, SSAFE, UNCTAD
and UNIDO among others
- Project partners from the public and private sector including: developing country government agencies, regional and international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), universities and research institutes, industry associations and private sector companies
* The STDF grew out of a joint communiqué issued by the Heads of FAO, OIE, World Bank Group, WHO and WTO at the Doha Ministerial Conference in November 2001.